Spring is in the air across Fairfax County, Virginia. Although the season doesn’t officially start for another couple of weeks, it’s not too early to get started on these home improvement projects:
- Fertilize your lawn. Home improvement isn’t limited to your physical house, it also encompasses your landscaping. If you want a lush summer lawn, you need to start work in the spring. Laying down fertilizer now will provide your soil with the nutrients it needs to grow green, healthy grass all season long.
- Replace your rain gutters. April showers bring May flowers, but they can also bring thousands of dollars worth of water damage if your gutter system can’t handle the rainfall.
- Roofing repairs. Take a walk around your home and closely examine your roof. Do you notice any worn spots, curled edges, or shingles that are missing entirely? These seem like minor problems, but they can have some major consequences if they are not taken care of.
- Upgrade your siding. Vinyl siding offers better insulation than other materials, resulting in year-round energy savings. And since it is colored all the way through, it never needs to be repainted. The best part? It comes in a virtually unlimited selection of colors and styles.
- Upgrade your air conditioner. The beginning of spring is the best time to upgrade your air conditioner, before HVAC companies are at their busiest. At the very least, have your A/C unit professionally inspected and tuned up. This will lower your cooling bills, improve your family’s comfort, and prevent costly breakdowns.
Residents of Fairfax County, Virginia can trust the HVAC experts at the Air Treatment Company to keep cool all summer long. We offer professional air conditioner installations, repairs, tune ups, and more. If you live in Vienna, Fairfax, Reston, or the surrounding area, give us a call at (703) 938-0550.